Welcome to the CSIR Running Club
- The CSIR Running Club (CSIRRC) is an open, AGN registered running club incorporating walkers. The CSIRRC is recognised and affiliated to the CSIR.
- The CSIRRC was founded in 1991. In 23 years the club has grown from less than 10 members to just short of 150 members. The CSIRRC is now an athletic club of note within the Athletics Gauteng North (AGN) road running/walking fraternity.
- The CSIRRC has since 1993 hosted an annual 5/10/21 km road race. This year sees the CSIRRC race gain AGN League Race status. The CSIRRC race has, since its inception been run in aid of the Pretoria Sungardens Hospiceand since 1997 funds have also been raised for the Endangered Wildlife Trust(EWT).
- The CSIRRC annually mans a water point at the Deloitte Pretoria Marathon (hosted by Phobians Marathon).
- Our weekly Time Trial (TT) is held on Tuesdays at 17:30 (17:15 in winter months), the TT of the month ends with a traditional bring and braai.
During its life time the CSIRRC has continued to grow and attract an ever increasing range of runners, all with different running interests and capabilities.