THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
New Registration – CSIR Access Card – Moving Clubs – Renewal
We hope to make registration of new runners as easy as we can. (See below if you are MOVING to the CSIR club from another club.)
The steps briefly are in two phases:
- Registering as a runner
- Gaining access to the CSIR time trial venue.
Now the detailed instructions
- Register yourself as an athlete at Athletics South Africa (ASA) (https://asa.saclubs.co.za/login).
- Pay a CSIR club subscription fee and the optional cost of a CSIR running vest. See the fee options and the bank account details below.
- Email Petro Vermaak (secretary AT csirrunner.co.za) saying that you have registered at ASA, providing the exact name under which you registered. Include your proof of payment in the email. Petro will verify your ASA registration and assign a licence number to you (which is why you initially had to register at ASA).
- If you have paid for a running vest, confirm to her that you want a vest and what size will fit you. She will also arrange the vest for you.
- Petro will bring your assigned licence number/bib to a time trial. ASA now requires that you fill in a hardcopy form (repeating many of the details which you filled in electronically on their website) and signing the indemnity in the form. Petro will have blank copies of this form at the time trial, but it is available here. Then she will give to you your renewed licence number and your (optional) running vest.
Now to get an access card
- The form that you must fill in to arrange access to the time trial venue in the CSIR recreation site can be downloaded here. Print it out, fill it in, scan it then email it to email@example.com.
- The sports club card office (at the boom to the recreation site), is not open on all days, so please check on the club website when it will next be open – usually after work. Go to the office taking a copy of your Proof of Payment (of the club subscription fee) with you. An access card will be generated for you which you receive straight away.
- DON’T WORRY – While you wait for an opportunity to get your access card, you can gain entrance to the recreation site and the time trial, by presenting your proof of payment at the security boom.
Moving to CSIR Running Club from another club
If you are changing club’s you will already be an ASA runner registered at a certain club.
- Tell your club that you going to another club so that they can release you. They do this by removing you from their list on the ASA website. You cannot do this yourself.
- Pay a CSIR club subscription fee and the optional cost of a CSIR running vest. See the fee options and bank account details below.
- Email Petro Vermaak (secretary AT csirrunner.co.za saying that you have been released from your previous club. Remember to provide your CSIR subscription proof of payment. (Club fees are for a full year irrespective of when in the year you join.)
- Petro will verify on the ASA database that you have been released from your previous club and then register a CSIR licence number to you.
- If you have paid for a running vest, confirm to her that you want one.
- Petro will bring your licence number (and vest) to a time trial.
- Apply for a CSIR access card as described above.
Annual Licence Renewal
- Pay the subscription for the new year.
- Email your proof of payment to Petro Vermaak (secretary AT csirrunner.co.za OR
- Take your proof of payment to a time trial. Petro will bring your assigned licence number/bib to the time trial. ASA now requires that you fill in a hardcopy form (repeating many of the details which you filled in electronically on their website) and signing the indemnity in the form. Petro will have blank copies of this form at the time trial, but it is be available here. Then she will give to you your renewed licence number.
- Don’t forget to renew your CSIR access card. See the instructions above.